Formatting a cell

  1. #1
    Angela
    Guest

    Formatting a cell

    I trying to figure out a way to make a cell round up to the next $5.00. So
    if it is $262.33 -- > $265. I am not sure what is the best way to accomplish
    this.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Angela,

    Try

    =CEILING(A1,5)

    Where your value is in A1.

    Does that help?

    Steve

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Formatting a cell

    =CEILING(A1,5)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Angela
    Guest

    Re: Formatting a cell

    Yes, but I have an existing formula. I should have said that from the start.

    In the cell B15 ** =SUM(B14)*F3. ** B15 is the cell that i want to round
    up. So how do I type that?

  5. #5
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Angela,

    In B15 use,

    =CEILING(SUM(B14*F3),5)

    HTH

    Steve

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Formatting a cell

    =CEILING(B14*F3,5)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  7. #7
    Angela
    Guest

    Re: Formatting a cell

    Thank you both so much. Where do you learn this from? I would like to
    become more proficent at excel.

  8. #8
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Formatting a cell

    You''re welcome.........you can buy books, but I recommend just coming here
    and reading other peoples posts and the corresponding answers.....some you
    will understand, some you will not........but soon you will be trying to
    figure out the answers before you read the responses.....and you can always
    ask your own questions just like you did here..........every day I learn
    "something" new here.....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  9. #9
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Angela,

    You're very welcome. For myself, I agree that coming here and reading posts and their solutions is a great way to learn. Like Chuck said, "every day I learn something new here."

    Regards,
    Steve