Excel, how do I count cell with data within a range?

  1. #1
    BRKirk
    Guest

    Excel, how do I count cell with data within a range?

    I have a row of cells, some with data and some blank. How do I count the
    number of blank or non-blank cells and display the total in a cell?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    COUNTA Function will count the number of non-blank cells in a range.

    COUNTA(A2:A8)

    Regards,

    EP

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Excel, how do I count cell with data within a range?

    COUNTBLANK will return the number of blank cells in a
    range.E.,g...,
    =COUNTBLANK(A1:A10)

    COUNTA will count return the number of cells with number or text
    in a range E.g.,
    =COUNTA(A1:A10)

    COUNT will return the number of cells that have numbers only.
    E.g.,
    =COUNT(A1:A10)

    --
    Cordially,