vlookups

  1. #1

    vlookups

    Hey

    My problem is such.

    I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
    numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list of
    numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
    related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear next
    to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.

    I hope that makes sense
    Please Let Me Know

  2. #2
    Gazeta
    Guest

    Re: vlookups

    Użytkownik "T" <[email protected]> napisał w wiadomości
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey
    >
    > My problem is such.
    >
    > I have two seperate spreadsheets. The first one has a list of reference
    > numbers with a value relating to it. In the second one I had the same list

    of
    > numbers but not in the same order as the first and with different values
    > related to it. What I need is the value from the first sheet to appear

    next
    > to the same number as the first sheet but in the second sheet.
    >
    > I hope that makes sense
    > Please Let Me Know

    vlookup should do that
    mcg

  3. #3

    Re: vlookups

    Ya i'm aware that vlookups does that. I need to know how to do it using vlookup

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: vlookups

    Assuming data in sheet1 are in columns A and B
    idem in sheet2

    In sheet2 C1, enter:
    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1:A:B,2,0)
    and drag down.

    AP

    [email protected]...

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by T
    Ya i'm aware that vlookups does that. I need to know how to do it using vlookup

    >[/color]
    Search the newsgroups for VLOOKUP you will get tons of info

    use excels "help" and search for vlookup