Auto copy and paste

  1. #1
    Tom
    Guest

    Auto copy and paste

    Hi all,
    Is there a way to copy only all NON BLANK cells in column H on Sheet2 over
    to column D of Sheet1 and have this run without having to press a button to
    start the macro...have it "live" update?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    If Cell "H1" is a header then you should be able to use the following code. I inserted this code into the worksheet "Sheet2". Hope that works out for you.

    Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'If there are any changes in THIS worksheet the macro will run
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Disables screen updating
    ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2").Activate ' Activates Sheet2
    Columns("H:H").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>" 'Filters Column H to Non-Blanks
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D:D").ClearContents 'Clears Column D in Sheet1
    Range("H:H").Copy 'Copies Column H non-blank cells
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D1").PasteSpecial 'Pastes non-blanks into Sheet1 Column D starting in Cell D1
    Sheets("Sheet2").Columns("H:H").AutoFilter 'Clears the AutoFilter
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'Enables screen updating
    End Sub

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom

  3. #3
    Tom
    Guest

    Re: Auto copy and paste

    Thanks for the reply Ikaabod,
    I tried using this macro, but it doesn't copy the text over to sheet1. Just
    thinking here...does it matter if I have a formula in column H on
    sheet2...could that be interfering with the way this macro works? It copies
    the formula over to Sheet1...but not the actual cell contents.

    Thanks!
    Tom

  4. #4
    Tom
    Guest

    Re: Auto copy and paste

    I just played around with the code a bit and got it to work!!! Your 'comments
    after each line of code sure do help VB dummies like Yours Truly understand
    what is going on and able to learn as we go along.
    Thanks for the help!
    Tom