Automatically changing Year

  1. #1

    Question Automatically changing Year

    I have a strange problem, I open up a blank spreadsheet and if I type in 2004 in a cell, it will automatically change it to 2005. There are no formulas on the cell or anything, and no matter where I type 2004 it changes it. This only happens with 2004 as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a problem with any other years previous. I re-installed excel and the problem persists. Any guidance is appreciated, I'm hoping it's a simple fix

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Automatically changing Year

    Have you tried going to TOOLS in the menu, selecting AUTO-CORRECT OPTIONS and
    verifying that 2004 is not set to be replaced by 2005
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Automatically changing Year

    archergirl2000, I would take a look at tools, autocorrect and see if there
    is a 2004 to be replaced with 2005
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003