+ Reply to Thread

advice:Links to other data sources

Forum Contributor

advice:Links to other data sources

Hi,

I have an excel workbook that gives the message attached with it - basically saying that the workbook contains links to other sources.

I have written the whole spreadsheet myself and know that there should not be any links to other sources - but equally I have done a fair bit of cutting, copying and pasting between sheets to come up with the final template so I imagine that some links could have become established in tis way.

Is there anyway to see what/where the linked cells are and what the formula is? Is there a way to look through these similar to the sort of thing you get with 'find and replace'? What's the easiest way to get rid of these links and have it just related to the single spreadsheet?

Thanks for any help and advice you can give me

Carl

Forum Contributor
    You can look at any links by selecting Edit | Links, this will show you the spreadsheet, which your current sheet is linked to, you can then do a search for part of the filename using Find.

If the links are as a result of named ranges, check all named range values for external links.

There are better solutions to find links, but I find the above by far the quickest.

Forum Contributor
    Thanks Gary,

That solved the problem perfectly - was just two cells that should not have been there causing the problem!!!

Regards

Carl

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information