Need help with grand totals in pivot table

  1. #1

    Need help with grand totals in pivot table

    I have several pivot tables where I am finding the average. My problem is the Grand totals are not looking correct for the averages. What could be the problem? Thanks!

    Average of Days to Issue Sym
    Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
    BKB 9 9
    JMS 29 34 19 31
    MEM 19 33 0 29
    MLN 26 25 25
    PJK 24 25 25
    SCS 15 19 18
    Grand Total 21 26 14 25

    Average of Days Issued before RN Sym
    Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
    BKB 5 5
    JMS 28 0 -10 4
    MEM 31 5 14 11
    MLN 35 13 15
    PJK 38 8 13
    SCS 27 19 20
    Grand Total 32 10 -4 13

    Average of Days in Rating Sym
    Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
    BKB 9 9
    JMS 6 7 2 6
    MEM 8 13 6 12
    MLN 31 4 6
    PJK 14 5 7
    SCS 4 5 5
    Grand Total 10 7 3 7

    Average of Days to Quote Sym
    Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
    BKB -26 -26
    JMS 6 16 11 14
    MEM 11 18 0 16
    MLN 20 24 23
    PJK 17 11 12
    SCS 7 17 15
    Grand Total 12 17 9 16

    Average of Days Quoted before RN Sym
    Assistant ABP CDP CWP Grand Total
    BKB 40 40
    JMS 50 19 7 23
    MEM 38 19 14 23
    MLN 41 14 16
    PJK 46 24 28
    SCS 38 21 24
    Grand Total 42 19 8 23

    Count of Policy Issued less than 14 days before RN
    Assistant Yes Grand Total
    BKB 4 4
    JMS 30 30
    MEM 42 42
    MLN 43 43
    PJK 37 37
    SCS 41 41
    Grand Total 197 197

    Count of Policy Qt less than 14 days before RN
    Assistant Yes Grand Total
    JMS 14 14
    MEM 6 6
    MLN 26 26
    PJK 6 6
    SCS 26 26
    Grand Total 78 78

    % of Accts Quoted > 14 days before RN
    BKB 100%
    JMS 70%
    MEM 91%
    MLN 64%
    PJK 92%
    SCS 63%
    Total 77%

  2. #2
    Dominic
    Guest

    RE: Need help with grand totals in pivot table

    Missygal,

    The Grand Total is averaging ALL of the data items.

    It is NOT averaging the averages of each (BKB, JMS, etc) for each category
    (ABP, CDP, etc)

    For example:

    Name Cat Amount
    BKB A 10
    BKB A 15
    BKB A 14
    BKB B 50
    BKB B 55
    BKB B 60
    BKB B 59
    BKB B 66

    The pivot would look like this:

    Amount Cat
    Name A B Total
    BKB 13 58 41.25

    The Grand Total is NOT the average of 13 and 58. Is is the average of

    10,15,14,50,55,60,59,66

    HTH