Creating a report with totals

  1. #1

    Creating a report with totals

    I have an excel sheet with a list of columns and several rows that I want to be able to separate the ones that are alike then total the output.

    How can I do this with a macro that can be used after the user selects the list the macro will run a report and count.

    Please see attached zip that shows the data in the excel sheet...then what I mean by the report.

    Thanks hope you can help - j
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Creating a report with totals

    jelost wrote:
    > I have an excel sheet with a list of columns and several rows that I
    > want to be able to separate the ones that are alike then total the
    > output.
    >
    > How can I do this with a macro that can be used after the user selects
    > the list the macro will run a report and count.
    >
    > Please see attached zip that shows the data in the excel sheet...then
    > what I mean by the report.
    >
    > Thanks hope you can help - j

    >> Filename: TOTAL per order and type.zip |
    >> Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4771 |

    I get the message "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid
    link, please notify the administrator"

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Creating a report with totals

    In MS Newsgroups try following the thread link:

    View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542663

    and then follow the download link in Excelforum

    Sandy

    [email protected]

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    I wouldn't think you'd need a macro. A Pivot table should do. See attached file.

    If you need the labels as in the .doc file, then let me know and I'll give you my "Propogate Data" macro which will achive that.

    Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files