Printing Mailing labels...already have full address in each cell

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    Printing Mailing labels...already have full address in each cell

    I have a spreadsheet, each cell has the name, address, etc.... all in each
    cell. Not name in one cell, address in another, and so on. When i try to
    use the mail merge with Word, it looks at it as all one sentance and cant
    seperate name from address and all being they are all in one cell per person.

    Since they are already put together, is it possible to print directly from
    excel and tile it to print on labels?

  2. #2
    Connecticut
    This should be a standard process.If I understand you correctly, you have each field of your address in a distinct cell...is that correct?

    ie...
    cell a1 Mary Jones
    cell b1 123 Main St
    c1 anytown, Maine 08888

    If not how is you data arranged?

    plettieri

  3. #3
    Dominic LeVasseur
    Guest

    RE: Printing Mailing labels...already have full address in each cell

    Greg,

    You can separate the name, address, etc of each entry so that the mail merge
    can work properly.

    You will need to use the Data:Text To Columns command on the toolbar. The
    settings you will need to use depend on how the data looks in each cell. Try
    the fixed width and see if that works for you.

    HTH

  4. #4
    Greg
    Guest

    Re: Printing Mailing labels...already have full address in each ce

    the file was sent to me already created this way...

    in one sell...say A1...i have the name. under that is street address.
    under that is city state and zip. All this in one cell. in A2 will be a new
    label and so on. I didnt relalize you could have multiple lines in a single
    cell but i guess you can. So it seems to me everything is formatted
    perfectly. I just need to get them to print out on a tiled label sheet

  5. #5
    Connecticut
    Hi:

    You might try this:

    1. execute this macro to remove unwanted line returns.

    Sub RemoveReturns()
    Cells.Replace Chr(10), ";"
    End Sub

    2. Data \ Text to columns and select the delimiter ";" options

    This should break the address fields down to managable fields for the Mail merge function....

    Hope this helps
    plettieri