How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places

  1. #1
    McLeod
    Guest

    How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places

    I pasted a long list (report) from word pad into EXCEL. THis list has lots
    of empty rows spread throughout this single column list. Can I globally
    delete all empty rows?

  2. #2
    The one worded-response I can give you is: macro.

    Open the file where you need to erase the rows, open the Macro module by using the following steps:
    Tools >> Macro >> Visual Basic Editor

    In the Visual Basic window go:
    Insert >> Module

    Then, copy/paste the following into the 'Module' window that appears:
    Finally, press F5.

    NOTE: If you do this in the file, Excel will give you a warning about Macros EVERY time you open the file. Alternatively, you can enter the code in a blank workbook (one that you will not save), switch to the file where you need it, then back to the module window and press F5.

  3. #3
    sumitk
    Guest

    RE: How can I globally delete empty cells or rows in different places

    Select the col. from which you would like to delete the empty rows. Click on
    "EDIT --> Go To --> Special --> Blanks --> OK". This step will highlight only
    the blank cells in the selected col. You can now delete all the blank rows at
    once.

    sk