Copying CONTENTS not Formulas

  1. #1

    Copying CONTENTS not Formulas

    I need to transpose some information from a workbook to a new workbook, which will contain summaries of many different notebooks. How do I copy the CONTENTS of all cells in a workbook, without taking the formulas? (i.e.: if R28 is "=SUM(R4:R27)" and the result is 512, I want Excel to post 512, NOT the formula.

  2. #2
    Try

    copy , paste special, values

    SS

  3. #3
    TY... the obvious stuff always gets the best of me

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Copying CONTENTS not Formulas

    Select the cells that you want to copy and pull-down:

    Edit > Copy

    Go to the worksheet you want to fill and pull-down:

    Edit > Paste Special... > and check the values button
    --
    Gary's Student

  5. #5
    James Hamilton
    Guest

    RE: Copying CONTENTS not Formulas

    Copy ->Paste Special -> Values

    This copies only the value of the cell.

  6. #6

    Re: Copying CONTENTS not Formulas

    Edit|Copy the range
    select the new location
    edit|paste special|values

    (and maybe edit|paste special|formats???)