Line breaks

  1. #1

    Line breaks

    Can someone please tell me how to do a line break or carriage return in Excel 2004 on a Mac? I read somewhere that it was something like Alt-Enter, but I have tried every combination of Control, Alt, Command, Shift, Enter and Return that I can think of. Instead of creating a new line, it advances to the next cell. I have checked preferences and can't find anything in there.
    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Line breaks

    This seems like a pretty basic question (no, I don't know the answer <bg>).

    If you don't get an answer in this newsgroup, maybe you'll get one here:

  3. #3
    Thanks for the response, and I agree it should be amazingly simple, yet no one seems to know the answer. The only way I can make it happen is to go into another program, type what I need, and then paste it into Excel. Obviously, there are situations where this is not very efficient.
    I tried the website you recommended, but alas OSX is not able to access sites that begin with the name "news://". (At least, that is what the error message says.) Thanks for your effort.