conditional DATE formatting?

  1. #1
    Boston, MA

    conditional DATE formatting?

    I want to highlight dates greater than 1/1/2006 in a column of numbers.

    I've been poking around with Conditional formatting for about 30 minutes with this and getting nowhere.

    I put DATE(2006,1,1) in cell A1, selected a small range of cells that go from 12/05 to 2006 and tried using CellValueIs greater than ="$a$1" and selected bright green background for the cell.

    that didn't work.

    Any suggestions, please?

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: conditional DATE formatting?

    Drop the quotes:
    =$A$1

    AP

    "LTUser54" <[email protected]> a écrit
    dans le message de news:
    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: conditional DATE formatting?

    Putting "01/01/2006" (no "s) in a cell and then repeating your conditional
    formatting worked OK for me.

    XL2003