Date Formatting in a Macro

  1. #1

    Date Formatting in a Macro

    I have been trying to create a date macro in which I input the date on
    the first sheet and it then continues onto the other sheets, I have
    been parcially sucessful but I would like the Date to appear in this
    format dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy ( Sunday, January 1, 2006) but all I get is
    a bunch of pound signs in the excel sheets.

    Does anbody have any idea on how to fix this or have a better way of
    getting it to do this
    and then for some other reason I can't get it to auto run when I open
    the workbook.

    Hope some one can help

    Thanks

    Greg A

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    How are you putting the date in the cell?
    If the date is a result of a formula, is it negative? Negative dates show up as #'s
    Have you tried to autofit the columns?

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Date Formatting in a Macro

    Hold down Ctrl key and left click each SheetTab you wish included. Then
    just format and enter the date in one cell on one sheet and it will copy
    over to the same cell in each sheet.........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Date Formatting in a Macro

    Selection.NumberFormat = "dddd, mmmm, dd, yyyy"

    make sure the column is wide enough to display the data, or you will get
    ####. Or, use Autofit

    Selection.Columns.AutoFit