How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

  1. #1
    RogerD
    Guest

    How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

    I have a worksheet in Excel which I do scheduling with. I keep getting the
    Header printed out on it, and then as a page 2. I don't see how to delete the
    page two on the worksheet as it doesn't show. But will print. How do I delete
    that second page in the worksheet? Am using Microsoft Office Pro 2003.

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

    There are probably cells with blank spaces in them below the end of your
    data. What I do when this happens is I do a print preview, then go back onto
    the sheet and highlight a whole bunch of blank rows just under the 1st page
    break. This will usually get rid of any blank spaces and thus shoyuld only
    print your one page of data.

  3. #3
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Hi Roger,

    To see where the page breaks are, change the view to "pagebreak preview" [alt + v + p]. The blue lines that appear show the edges of your pages & can be dragged with the mouse to suit.
    Another approach is to clear the existing print area [alt + f + t + c], select the range you want printed & set the print area [alt + t + s].

    hth
    Rob Brockett
    NZ
    Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Ooopps!

    The shortcut for setting the print area should be [alt + f + t + s] (in my version of excel anyway).

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

    There are instructions here for manually or programmatically reseting
    the used range:

    That should prevent unused pages from printing

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  6. #6
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Word 2007

    Re: How do I delete unwanted extra pages on Excel worksheets

    Highlight the pages you want to print
    go to tab Page Layout
    Click on Print Area
    Click on Set print Area