Retrieve values from 2 worksheets.

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Retrieve values from 2 worksheets.

    I have 2 worksheets with part numbers and quantities in stock for 2 separate warehouses. I have a 3rd sheet with commonly used parts on.
    For the commonly used part Nos, I want to get the quantity in stock for each Warehouse.
    i.e.
    Part Number Warehouse 1 Stock Warehouse 2 Stock
    abc43 55 23
    qwe21 35 87
    fde182 12 14

    I can see on the preview that my table above looks rubbish!
    Hopefully you can see what I mean?
    Part# abc43 - Warehouse 1 stock 55, Warehouse 2 stock 23

    I have spent several hours looking through the various functions with no luck.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Retrieve values from 2 worksheets.

    Assuming Part Number in column A and Quantity in B on Sheets called WHS1 and
    WHS2 then use VLOOKUP on your 3rd sheet:

    Qty in WHS1 (col B) where A2 is common part number. Copy down as required

    =VLOOKUP(A2,whs1!$A$1:$B$100,2,FALSE)

    Qty in WHS2 (col C)

    =VLOOKUP(A2,whs2!$A$1:$B$100,2,FALSE)

    Change ranges/sheet names as required.