Bold doesn't work

  1. #1
    Louise
    Guest

    Bold doesn't work

    Hi all

    I have a really strange problem......

    A colleague of mine who uses Excel on a regular basis has started having
    problems with his formatting. On certain workbooks, if he uses Control and B
    for bold, it doesn't work, however, if he first uses Control U for underline,
    then removes it, it allows him to use Control and B???

    I have tried to work out if there is a connection between all the workbooks
    this happens to and we can't find anything. I have never seen this before
    and am really stuck to work out what it is!

    Can anybody shed any light?

    Thank you in advance.

    Louise
    (I have posted a lot of questions here during the past few days and have
    always received quick replies - just wanted to say thank you).

  2. #2
    Hi Louise,

    Try either using the Detect and Repair feature on the Help menu - remember to click the Restore my shortcuts while repairing checkbox, because you will keep some of your settings. HAVING SAID THAT, this happens for the whole o Office and if you have changed a lot of settings it will take ages to reset them.

    Otherwise reinstall Excel.

    Good luck,

    Roly

  3. #3

    Re: Bold doesn't work

    Just guesses...

    Try making the zoom 100%
    Maybe changing the printer (or changing to a different printer driver) would
    help.