How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

  1. #1
    chieftrain
    Guest

    How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

    Dear Madam, Sir,

    if i want to import serveral csv files into one worksheet in Excel how will
    the macro look like?

    can you help me on that.

    thanks in advance,

    Rick Portier

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    Unfortunatly, Excel will not import .csv files into one workbook.
    You will have to import each one into its own workbook, then move the data from the file created by the import to another workbook, then delete the workbook that was used to import the data.

    I have tried several times to get around this, and this seems to be the easiest.
    The only other way is to use either input or line input (I cannot remember which I used), that way, you can. It can be tricky to do but is possible.

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/csv.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4

    Need help customising for .tsv's

    G'Day Ron,

    Had a look at your work, but need it to import all tab-seperated-values. Can you give me a heads-up on what i need to change in your coding to make this work??

    Thanks

    Mark

  5. #5

    Re: How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

    Without any testing...

    'Open the TXT file in Excel
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=TXTFileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _
    :=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
    ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, _
    Space:=False, Other:=False

    becomes:

    'Open the TXT file in Excel
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=TXTFileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _
    :=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, _
    ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=TRUE, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=FALSE, _
    Space:=False, Other:=False

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

    For the OP there is a Note about this on the page

  8. #8

    Re: How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

    If you're merging CSV files and there are no CSV files in that folder, why would
    you want to get around that check?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peterson
    If you're merging CSV files and there are no CSV files in that folder, why would
    you want to get around that check?
    read my first post in this thread - it seems to be pretty self-explanatory

  10. #10

    Re: How do I import several csv files into one excel worksheet?

    It still isn't to me.

    Good luck.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by marksince1984
    G'Day Ron,

    Had a look at your work, but need it to import all tab-seperated-values. Can you give me a heads-up on what i need to change in your coding to make this work??

    Thanks

    Mark
    So what good is looking for csv files??