Importing values from a web page

  1. #1
    Maxi
    Guest

    Importing values from a web page

    Private Sub Import()
    Dim ie As Object
    Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    With ie
    .Visible = True
    .navigate "h++p://www.mywebsite/mywebpage.html"
    Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop
    Range("A1").Value = ie.document.table7.Rows(1).Cells(1)
    End With
    ie.Quit
    Set ie = Nothing
    End Sub

    Here is a small code that I wrote to import few values from a webpage.
    My webpage has a table grid of 5 X 4 (Five columns and Four rows), Name
    of this table in javascript is "table7"

    It opens IE, navigates to my page but the following line doesn't
    execute. What is the correct syntax?

  2. #2

    Answer Replied

    does the table7 have the same name of the excel sheet your using it-in.
    Make sure there is no confliction between the table and the excel work sheet name. Check for conflictions with your objects, sometimes using the same name twice might conflict with objects. To check this make sure when using the Appendix of Table7.Rows <-- Make sure .Rows Shows up in the index listing before you append it to the object.

  3. #3
    Maxi
    Guest

    Re: Importing values from a web page

    I wrote this line "Range("A1").Value =
    ie.document.table7.Rows(1).Cells(1)" without knowing whether the syntax
    is right or wrong. I think there is some problem with this line.

    To answer your question, name of my excel file is bd.xls and sheet name
    is sheet1. There are no confilicts.