Who is missing ?

  1. #1

    Who is missing ?

    Hello Forum,

    I create a daily list of staff acording to their shifts on work sheet AAA.
    We then manually insert the staff in their positions on sheet BBB.
    Both sheets are spread over a no. of cols.

    My question is what possibilities do we have to create a list on a sepereate sheet CCC which lists only those staff members which have not been assigned in sheet BBB.

    Is this at all possible.
    All and any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    regards,
    Lutra

  2. #2
    excelent
    Guest

    RE: Who is missing ?

    hi try

    http://pmexcelent.dk/Staff.xls

  3. #3
    excelent
    Guest

    RE: Who is missing ?

    UPS CHANGE CELL A1 WIDTH THIS

    =IF(COUNTIF(AAA!A1:$A$20;BBB!A1)=0;AAA!A1;"")

    AND COPY DOWN

  4. #4
    Thank You for the reply
    However my difficulties are that the used values are over more than one colum in AAA and the same goes for those in BBB.
    I cannot simply use a list which of course would be the best choice.
    RGDS
    Lutra

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Vancouver

    Autofilter

    Instead of using 3 separate sheets why not try the following:

    I assume you have a column on sheet AAA identifying each person's shift
    To the right of your data add a column titled "Position"

    Select cell A1 and click Data > Filter > Autofilter

    Filter first by Shift and then by Position and choose "(Blanks)" to identify unassigned names.

  6. #6
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Who is missing ?

    Would be easier to answer if we knew the layout of AAA and BBB.
    On AAA are the staff listed in one column?
    Or on many columns? Are the columns the same each day?
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "lutra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Thank you for your interest;
    Here attached a sample file of how it looks.

    RGDS
    Lutra

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Liengme
    Would be easier to answer if we knew the layout of AAA and BBB.
    On AAA are the staff listed in one column?
    Or on many columns? Are the columns the same each day?
    best wishes

    --
    Bernard Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
    remove CAPS in email address

    "lutra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > Hello Forum,
    >
    > I create a daily list of staff acording to their shifts on work sheet
    > AAA.
    > We then manually insert the staff in their positions on sheet BBB.
    > Both sheets are spread over a no. of cols.
    >
    > My question is what possibilities do we have to create a list on a
    > sepereate sheet CCC which lists only those staff members which have not
    > been assigned in sheet BBB.
    >
    > Is this at all possible.
    > All and any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    > regards,
    > Lutra
    >

    > --
    > lutra