linking worksheets

  1. #1
    Graham7979
    Guest

    linking worksheets

    I have an excel workbook with approx 30 worksheets, i want to create a menu
    page wherby a cell (with the name of the worksheet in it) can be clicked on
    and this will take me direct to that work sheet, how do i do this ?

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: linking worksheets

    I have home-made XLA that should help: http://cjoint.com/?fwqZQdNgus
    It is not protected: you can view & edit the code and the userform

    To have tabs alpha ordered, right click on arrows left of tabs list, and
    select "Sort tabs"

    To select a sheet:
    Right-click on a cell and select "Select sheet"
    You can type the beginning of the name: it will select corresponding entry
    of the list.
    To validate: press Enter or double-click on a name
    To cancel: press Escape

    AP

    de news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hi, You could try this solution.

    If I understand correctly, you want to be able to select cells which will then link to the sheet of the same name within the same workbook. Well, if you put this code in your sheet object which contains the menu in VBA, everytime you select a cell, it will go to the sheet of the same name. Since its in the menu sheet object, the selection change event wont affect the other objects.

    For Counter = 1 To Application.Sheets.Count
    If Application.ActiveCell.Value = Application.Sheets(Counter).Name Then
    Application.Sheets(Counter).Select
    Exit For
    End If
    Next Counter
    End Sub

    Kudos!
    Last edited by KellTainer; 05-28-2006 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: linking worksheets

    Are you aware of the fact that XL has a resident (built in) table of
    contents?

    Right click on those small arrows to the left of the sheet tabs.
    This displays a list of the first 15 tabs, plus it's expandable to an
    infinite scrolling list of all the sheets, where a 'double click' of a sheet
    name will place you in that sheet.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ken G.
    Guest

    RE: linking worksheets

    Bastien Mensink's ASAP Utililities will do this with a couple of clicks. Its
    a free add-in which contains about 300 usefull utilities. Go to
    www.asap-utilities.com