Are multiple Vlookup's possible?

  1. #1
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161

    Are multiple Vlookup's possible?

    Hi all,

    i am using this =VLOOKUP(F1,TiedEquip,4,FALSE) on my worksheet and it is located in D1, what i would like to do is a VLookup like this.....=VLookup(F1,C1 ,4,FALSE), where C1 on the same sheet would be the name of the named range to look at, this way i can have a drop down list of names which would change the contents of D1 based on the value in F1 because as i change the name in C1 it would look to a different named range!

    Don't know whether i was clear explaining that.....but is it possible?

    Regards,
    Simon

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Are multiple Vlookup's possible?

    Use the INDIRECT function

    =VLookup(F1,INDIRECT(C1) ,4,FALSE)

    This will cause VLOOKUP to scan the table whose name or address
    is in C1.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Simon Lloyd"
    <[email protected]> wrote
    in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Are multiple Vlookup's possible?

    =VLookup(F1,INDIRECT(C1) ,4,FALSE)

    should be what you need

    Bob Phillips

    "Simon Lloyd" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161
    Thanks to Chip and Bob.............worked well!

    Regards,
    Simon