Lookup Query in Excel

  1. #1
    LM
    Guest

    Lookup Query in Excel

    Hi,

    I am trying to return the column heading name for a formulated set of
    results. How do I do this? I have tried HLOOKUP but this only works
    when the column heading is pasted directly below the cells I am looking
    up. I have many rows and this results in an error message when I try to
    use it

    My dataset contains the following:

    "Product name" in the left most column, with the column headings going
    across the page for each sales competitor. I have used a MIN function
    to extract the lowest competitor price (to exclude Zero for other
    products). This is returned in the right most column. Using this
    formulated result (in the lowest price column, I now need to derive who
    the competitor is for that particular returned value (e.g. X,Y or Z.
    Can anyone help with this? It would be greatly appreciated

    Product name comp X comp Y comp Z Lowest price Lowest Comp
    abcde 100.0 101.00 102.00 100

    Regards

    Lee

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor colofnature's Avatar
    -
    MS-Off Ver
    -
    If your titles are in row 1 and your first =MIN() is in E2 then put this in F2:

    =INDEX(1:1,MATCH(E2,A2:D2,0))

    Col

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus