Link cells in Access to Excel using VLOOKUP

  1. #1
    dford
    Guest

    Link cells in Access to Excel using VLOOKUP

    I would like to link data in Access to cells in Excel using VLOOKUP. How
    would this be done?

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Link cells in Access to Excel using VLOOKUP

    You can't point a VLOOKUP to Access. You'd have to write code or
    use a query table to bring the data into Excel and uses that
    range in VLOOKUP.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    dford
    Guest

    Re: Link cells in Access to Excel using VLOOKUP

    The data I have in Access has about 130,000 lines of. Excel will only handle
    65,000 lines. Is there any other way to do this?

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor Richard Schollar's Avatar
    Hampshire UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2002
    Posts
    1,264
    How many records (in Excel) do you want to perform this Vlookup-alike on? If it isn't very many then as Chip suggested a custom function could be written to achieve this. The problem that I have faced in the past when I have done this is that it is very slow - this restricts its usefulness to only a few records (of course, I may have just been writing the code inefficiently). Can you give an example of the kind of data the Access table holds, and what Excel is holding (and what you are doing with the data in Excel)?

    Richard