Works if I copy F Col to A Col

  1. #1
    Steved
    Guest

    Works if I copy F Col to A Col

    Hello from Steved

    The below formula works ok If I use the lookup reference in A column.

    I need this to use the below in F column in stead off A Please.

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(--A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$H$50000,2,FALSE)),"
    ",VLOOKUP(--A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$H$50000,2,FALSE)).

    Thankyou.

  2. #2
    Could you provide more information on your problem? Are you trying to copy the formula from column A to F or trying to lookup values in column F instead of A?

  3. #3
    Steved
    Guest

    Re: Works if I copy F Col to A Col

    Hello From Steved

    trying to lookup values in column F instead of A?

    What I done was to insert a column in A then copied the F Col to check to
    see if the formula would work and it does now i've put the information back
    in Column F.

  4. #4
    Carlos Antenna
    Guest

    Re: Works if I copy F Col to A Col

    The lookup value must be in the first column of the range.

    From help on vlookup:

    Syntax

    VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup)

    Lookup_value is the value to be found in the first column of the array.
    Lookup_value can be a value, a reference, or a text string.

    --

    Carlos

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Steved
    Guest

    Re: Works if I copy F Col to A Col

    Thanks Carlos I thought this may be the case.

  6. #6
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Works if I copy F Col to A Col

    Then, just use the Index() & Match() combo:

    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(--A7,Sheet2!$F$2:$F$50000,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet2!$A$2:$H$50000,M
    ATCH(--A7,Sheet2!$F$2:$F$50000,0),2))

    --

    HTH,

    RD