Rounding up Formula

  1. #1

    Rounding up Formula

    I am trying to round currency figures up and down to the nearest 5pence/10pence etc etc How do I round up to these. What is the formula I need to use. Please Help!!

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Rounding up Formula

    did you try to use ROUND?

    regards

  3. #3
    No, how does that go =ROUND...... Brackets?? >0.5?

    Regards

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up Formula

    =ROUND(A1/5,0)*5
    =ROUND(A1,-1)

    Bob Phillips

    "milsupport" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up Formula

    for eg

    if you have an amount as $123,14, and you would like to round to $123,10

    just =round(123,14,1)

    regards

  6. #6
    Ok still not sure and cant get it to work, for example I have (Starting in A1)

    11.47
    15.59
    14.44

    Wanting to round up to teh nearest 5 PENCE

    To read in B1 etc

    11.50
    15.60
    14.45

    And so on

    Cant get my head round it

    Regards

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up Formula

    =ROUND(A1*20,0)/20

  8. #8

    Re: Rounding up Formula

    Hello Bob,

    Shorter :-)

    =ROUND(A1*2,1)/2

    or

    =ROUND(A1/5,2)*5

    Have fun,
    Bernd

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Rounding up Formula

    I was being pedantic Bernd <g>. Following the actual logic of the process.
    Need to step back.

    I think your second version is the best, it easily translates to other
    thresholds.

    Bob Phillips