Need to know how to write a calculation...

  1. #1
    Mary A Perez
    Guest

    Need to know how to write a calculation...

    I need to take the $ amount in b10 & mulitply it my 20% but tell the formula
    that if the result is >$2,700 just put $2,700 in the answer.
    Can someone write this out for me?
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    =if(b10*1.2>2700,2700,b10*1.2)
    Martin

  3. #3
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    =if(b10*1.2>2700,2700,b10*1.2)

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Need to know how to write a calculation...

    Try something like this:

    =MIN(B10*20%,2700)

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  5. #5
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Need to know how to write a calculation...

    =IF(B10*120%>2700,2700,B10*120%)

    I've assumed you want the base increased by 20% and not 20%of the base
    price.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Need to know how to write a calculation...

    That works just as well AND is shorter than my suggestion.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...