open workbooks when opening an excel file

  1. #1

    open workbooks when opening an excel file

    I have 2 workbooks- workbook A contains a master job list and workbook b contains employees time allocated on a job. The master job list (workbook A) changes often so I have created a link between the 2 workbooks. I would like to create a macro that will open workbook A when I open workbook B. I assume I would put this in the open workbook event?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: open workbooks when opening an excel file

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    workbooks.Open "C:\MyFolder\Workbook B.xls"
    End Sub

    go into the VBE (alt + F11), then in the project explorer on the left,
    select your workbook and double click on the ThisWorkbook entry under your
    project. this should open the thisworkbook module. At the top of the
    module, in the left dropdown select Workbook and in the right down select
    Open.

    Modify at the second line above (adjusted for your specifics).

    Tom Ogilvy