Calculate number of weeks between dates in Excel 2000

  1. #1
    Darlene
    Guest

    Calculate number of weeks between dates in Excel 2000

    How can I calculate the number of weeks between two dates in different years?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Darlene,

    If your start date is in A1 and the end date in B1 then you could use

    =(B1-A1)/7

    HTH

    Steve

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Calculate number of weeks between dates in Excel 2000

    try:

    =int(b1-a1)/7) where A1, B1 are start/finish dates

    HTH

  4. #4
    Paul Lautman

    Darlene wrote:
    > How can I calculate the number of weeks between two dates in
    > different years? Thanks

    INT((date1-date2)/7)

  5. #5
    SiC
    Guest

    RE: Calculate number of weeks between dates in Excel 2000

    Hi Darlene,

    Basically it's just =(date2-date1)/7 where date2 and date1 are cell
    references for your two dates.
    =ROUND((date2-date1)/7,0) if you want to round to the nearest whole week
    =CEILING((date2-date1)/7,1) if you want to always round up to the nearest
    whole week
    =FLOOR((date2-date1)/7,1) if you want to always round down to the nearest
    whole week
    Hope this helps.

    -Simon