Pop up MsgBox upon opening Excel File

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Pop up MsgBox upon opening Excel File

    Hi,
    Can anyone help?
    I would like a pop up message box upon opening a spreadsheet, that would contain some of assumptions in the spreadsheet...
    Please help if you can...
    Nice one
    Regards
    Mark

  2. #2

    Re: Pop up MsgBox upon opening Excel File

    Option Explicit
    Sub Auto_Open()
    msgbox "Your message here" & vblf & "second line if you have one"
    end sub

    This goes into a general module.

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Pop up MsgBox upon opening Excel File

    This mod of Dave's code will also present the value in cell A1 in the Message
    Box if you wish....

    Option Explicit
    Sub Auto_Open()
    MsgBox "Your message here" & vbLf & Range("a1").Value
    End Sub

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4

    Thanks Dave and Chuck

    Hi guys
    Thanks for your help
    As a further help is there a way of changing the message box so the user doesnt have to click ok....it just stays there for 5 seconds and disappears?
    Thanks
    Mark

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor

    msgbox

    never heard or seen a away to have a msgbox without a ok button i pictures and cancel buttons and what not but never without a button, however you could write
    workbook_open
    userform1.show
    end sub

    This will display a form called sub and the forms have way more visual appearance and conditioning that can be applied try putting this in the code of the form and it shall work

    Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
    Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")
    unload Me

    End Sub

    cheers

  6. #6