Insert csv data into polished xls file

  1. #1

    Insert csv data into polished xls file

    Sorry for the noob question, but I have a program that creates csv data. My collegue has made a wiz-bang spreadsheet with colors and titles (but no formulas) that this data goes into. I need to figure out how I can programmatically take the raw csv data and 'stick' it into the finished XLS file or how to create the finished XLS file. Is there a template function, or do i need a macro ?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Insert csv data into polished xls file

    "ob2s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Sorry for the noob question, but I have a program that creates csv data.
    > My collegue has made a wiz-bang spreadsheet with colors and titles (but
    > no formulas) that this data goes into. I need to figure out how I can
    > programmatically take the raw csv data and 'stick' it into the finished
    > XLS file or how to create the finished XLS file. Is there a template
    > function, or do i need a macro ?

    Read the csv file, copy the data, & Paste Special/ Values into the formatted
    XLS.
    --
    David Biddulph

  3. #3

    manual

    that sounds like how you do it by hand. can i do it programmatically ?

  4. #4

    Re: Insert csv data into polished xls file

    How about if you record a macro when you do it manually?

    You may end up with code that works fine. If you don't post back with your more
    specific questions.