Managing Data in Cells

  1. #1

    Arrow Managing Data in Cells

    Hi
    Well i m working on this assignment right now , take a look at attachment and in sheet named as "Input" ... jus scroll down to take a look . u ll find 9 different blocks each distinguished by different colour ( in actual scenario there is no colouring )
    now in each block i have to go for the string "GENSET IN OPERATION" .if i find this string in that block ( like in second block at position "A32" , in Seventh block at "A133", in ninth block at "A174") .. then it should creat an output sheet just like i have created as second sheet named as "Result" , Scan that specific block and fill in the information i have filled like ... for second block , Event Time and Event Date are at "A20" , Clear Time and Clear date are at "A37"... i need them in separate cells just like i have put them in .. and Event Type is definitly that string i was looking for ..
    i hope u Gurus will help me out with this
    in case of query do buzz me back
    Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Two Blocks are separated by a line ... also u can use clear cell as ending and event cell as starting of a block ..
    the result sheet attached is manually made , since blocks were only 9
    my problem is that i have thousands of such blocks ... i need ur help
    Regards again

  3. #3
    I am sitting in front of PC since last 8 hours, somebody plz help me . if not with complete solution , atleast somewhere to start from . anything

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Managing Data in Cells

    Here is one solution : http://cjoint.com/?gdlnD3nKuM

    You'll be kind to tell me if I got an "A"!

    Cheers,
    --
    AP

    le message de news: [email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: Managing Data in Cells

    And multiposting to different newsgroups is a way to be ignored, too.

  6. #6
    Ardes .. A .. man its A sooper plus plus .. its exactly the way i want it to be.. thanks a lot dude ..
    now just lil more help .. i have attached the file with just a lil alteration in "Result" sheet
    in "A1" i have a text BSC14 .. i want now that when i run the same macro . it should copy the text of "A1" to all the lowering cells ( at same time macro is producing text in their right cells )... sounds simple !
    Secondly i have added a column at the end with naming "Node" .. now this is the info in every block . like ( 'MDKA2124' at "A11" in first block ...'MDKA2144' at "A30" in second block ... and 'MDHY4655' at "A50" in third block ) i want these node names to be printed as well corresponding to other information of each successful block
    What you have already done .. this is just a few line code for u ... i ll appreciate if u add these functions to ur previous code . as i m still trying to digest ur previous code
    Appreciating and waiting

  7. #7
    Ardus Petus
    Guest