Formula help

  1. #1

    Unhappy Formula help

    Hi,

    I have 2 sheets in a workbook -Sheet 1 and sheet 2. I have data in sheet 2 as follows:

    Row ColumnA
    1 data1
    2 data2
    3 data3

    Now I want to put a formula in Sheet 1 to get the data from Sheet 2 as follows:

    Row ColumnA
    1 =Sheet2!A1
    2 -----
    3 =Sheet2!A2 (when I copy, the formula is =Sheet2!A3)
    4 -----
    5 =Sheet2!A3

    On sheet 1 , I am skipping a row when copying the formula and because of this I am getting the formula all messed up.

    Please help.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Formula help

    In A1 use this formula:

    =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&ROW()-INT(ROW()/2))

    Then copy both A1 and A2, then paste down as far as you need.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  3. #3

    Exclamation INDIRECT formula

    Thanks a lot Elkar. I have one more question, What if the data in Sheet 2 is in the range B50:B190 and I want a formula on Sheet1 starting at Cell A5 and every other cell below it (i.e. A5, A7, A8...)

    Thanks

    Jijy

  4. #4
    Elkar