Help Combo Box

  1. #1
    Rio de Janeiro
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Office 365

    Help Combo Box

    Hi folks,

    I'm trying to take off the 'Help Combo Box' from the menu bar line, using VBA but I didn't succeed. Can you guys tell me how to do that?

    Thanks in advance,
    Marcelo Rychter

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Hi Marcello,

    Try:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester()
    Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar"). _
    Controls("Help").Enabled = False
    End Sub
    '<<=============

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "Marcelo Rychter"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Hi Marcello,

    To disable and hide the menubar Help menu, try:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester()
    With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar"). _
    Controls("Help")
    .Enabled = False
    .Visible = False
    End With
    End Sub
    '<<=============

    Note that Help may still be accessed via the F1 key. If you also wish to
    disable this access, add the instruction:

    Application.OnKey "{F1}", ""

    To restore these settings, try:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub RestoreHelp()
    With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar"). _
    Controls("Help")
    .Enabled = True
    .Visible = True
    End With

    Application.OnKey "{F1}"
    End Sub
    '<<=============

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    I like to add this to Norman's answer

    Note: this code blow in a non English version
    Use the ID of the Help menu

    For Example a French version use a ?

    Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar") _
    ..FindControl(ID:=30010).Enabled = False

    See also
    http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

    --
    Regards Ron De Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Ron, this link is broken: http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Hi Mike

    Is working for me

    Try again

    --
    Regards Ron De Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  7. #7
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Now we have a problem

    I have no control of my com site anymore

    There are only two pages on the site but this is not OK

  8. #8
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Hi Ron,

    > Now we have a problem
    >
    > I have no control of my com site anymore
    >
    > There are only two pages on the site but this is not OK

    I have no problem accessing your site

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  9. #9
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Help Combo Box

    Hi Norman

    ..nl is working but not .com

    There are only two pages on the com site that not working now
    http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

    and

    http://www.rondebruin.com/atptranslator.htm

    --