Deleting a $ sign in Excel

  1. #1
    Alan F
    Guest

    Deleting a $ sign in Excel

    How do I delete a $ sign next to a number in Excel. Seems the $ sign is
    embedded in the cell even if I back space.

  2. #2
    Weird, it seems like the cell was custom formatted but then again the dollar sign didnt disappear after you deleted the value inside. Try looking at the custom formatting options if it was formatted weirdly?

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Deleting a $ sign in Excel

    Try Format>cell>Number>General

    Cheers,
    --
    AP
    [email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Deleting a $ sign in Excel

    It sounds like the cells are formatted as Currency.

    Try this:

    Select the cells to be impacted.
    From the Excel main menu:
    Category: Select "General" or "Number"
    Click the [OK] button

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  5. #5
    Alan F
    Guest

    Re: Deleting a $ sign in Excel

    Thanks for the help. That worked for me.

  6. #6
    Alan F
    Guest

    RE: Deleting a $ sign in Excel