multiple conditions sum

  1. #1

    Post multiple conditions sum

    I have the following data set:

    Term Amount
    0233 1,240
    0233 3,655
    0240 10
    0240 151
    0243 675

    I'm trying set up a table to sum the total amount that meets the following conditions:

    1. Term = 0233
    2. for amounts between 1,000 and 2,000

    What formula is best for this operation and can anyone help me out with how to set it up?

    Brigitte

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    One way ..

    Assuming data within A2:B10, col A = Term, col B = Amount

    Placed in say, E1:
    =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$10="0233")*($B$2:$B$10>1000)*($B$2:$B$10<2000),$B$2:$B$10)

    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    I'm getting a #value. Do you know how to troubleshoot this type of output?

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    "Brigitte" wrote:
    > I'm getting a #value. Do you know how to troubleshoot this type of
    > output?

    The ranges: $A$2:$A$10, $B$2:$B$10 need to be identical in size
    Re-check this in your adaptation of the formula to suit over there ..

  5. #5
    Thanks. I can't believe I overlooked my ranges. I had them set for a single cell rather than the full column.

    One more thing....
    I also need a count of the amounts that make up the total matching the same criteria. Ideas?

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$10="0233")*($B$2:$B$10>1000)*($B$2:$B$10<2000))

    Bob Phillips

    "Brigitte" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    "Brigitte" wrote:
    > Thanks. I can't believe I overlooked my ranges. I had them set for a
    > single cell rather than the full column.

    Glad you got it working !

    > One more thing....
    > I also need a count of the amounts that make up the total matching the
    > same criteria. Ideas?

    This slight adaptation of the earlier formula returns the count:
    =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$10="0233")*($B$2:$B$10>1000)*($B$2:$B$10<2000))

    [the last term: .. ,$B$2:$B$10) in the earlier formula is removed]

  8. #8
    PERFECT!!

    Thanks so much!

  9. #9
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    "Brigitte" wrote:
    > PERFECT!!
    > Thanks so much!

    You're welcome !

  10. #10
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    Thanks for the assist, Bob !

  11. #11
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    I thought you might be in the land of nod by now Max <g>

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  12. #12
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    "Bob Phillips" wrote:
    > I thought you might be in the land of nod by now Max <g>

    Aha, but I was in serious training
    to stay awake ahead of the World Cup <bg>
    All the best to England in the event !

  13. #13
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    I am one of the few Englishmen who don't believe that England have a chance,
    with or without Rooney. My bet is on Italia.

  14. #14
    Max
    Guest

    Re: multiple conditions sum

    Bob,

    All the best to Italy, then <bg> !
    (but think your heart is still on England ..)