formulas and drop down lists

  1. #1

    formulas and drop down lists

    I have a table of data converted into a dropdown list that contains a few columns with just "yes" or "no" entries. I created a formula below the actual blue border of the list to calculate the percentage of yes' in the list: =COUNTIF(E2:E40,"Yes")/(COUNTIF(E2:E40,"Yes")+COUNTIF(E2:E40,"no"))

    However, this only calculates the data for the entire list, even when I have filtered it. How do I modify it to apply only to the filtered entries in the list? Thanks if you can help, guys.

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: formulas and drop down lists

    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(E2:E40,ROW(E2:E40)-ROW(E2),0,1)),--(E2:E40=
    "Yes"))/SUBTOTAL(3,E2:E40)

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    drwrbrts <[email protected]>