Hyperlink in an IF statement

  1. #1
    English(UK)
    MS-Off Ver

    Hyperlink in an IF statement

    So I make this function
    =IF(A10="","Enter ID",HYPERLINK(some formula that determines the id,"Click here!")

    And it make the "Enter ID" also a link! Why and how do I set it so only the "false" part of the statement is made a link?
    The other threads is a bug... dunno what happened

  2. #2

    Re: Hyperlink in an IF statement

    See your first post.

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlink in an IF statement

    When Excel see HYPERLINK in a formula, it makes the cell a hyperlink

    =(IF(1=1,1,HYPERLINK("")))

    is a hyperlink even if the link can never be executed. If you use something
    like:

    =IF(A10="","Enter ID",B10) and put the HYPERLINK() in B10, the link will
    be visible if A10 allows, but not "follow-able"

    --
    Gary's Student