Formula

  1. #1
    martin
    Guest

    Formula

    I need to find the lower number of three numbers but I have a N/A error in
    two sometimes due to a vlookup formula. Is their away of ignoreing n/a ERROR
    ??

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    lowest number

    if your looking up the lowest number in a table scrap the vlookup and try

    = MIN("your range")

    exmaple
    Column A

    code would be
    =MIN("A1:A8")
    would return the value 0

    however there is a way of not returning the balue of n/a and you need the code

    add

    =isna("your formula")

    this will return the word TRUE if the real value is n/a

    i know it is a long winded formula however does work
    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(value,range,column,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(value,range,column,FALSE)))

    basically what it says is
    if the first vlookup is na then return "" - (nothing)
    if its not na then do the vlookup

  3. #3
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Formula

    your min formula will ignore blank cells so wrap your vlookup formulas
    something like this
    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F25,D25:E27,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(F25,D25:E27,2,FALSE))

    --
    paul
    [email protected]