Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Push button paste special?

  1. #1
    pugsly8422
    Guest

    Push button paste special?

    I have a worksheet with thousands of formulas. I've been having to copy the
    results from one worksheet, and use paste special to put only the results on
    another page. This is eating up a large amount of my time. I heard someone
    mention something about creating a "push button" or shortcut so you can do it
    faster. Is this possible? If so, how would I do this?

    Thanks in advance for your help!

  2. #2
    What is your intention for creating the button? If it is simply to run Paste Special with the Values Only option, then perhaps you could explore the option of using keyboard shortcuts instead.

    Ctrl+C allows you to copy a range of cells. The shortcut Alt+E followed by Alt+S opens the paste special dialog box. With the dialog box open, hit Alt+V followed by Enter to paste values only.

    Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Push button paste special?

    Hi pugsly,

    Copy a cell then start the macro recorder to record the usual Paste
    Special Values steps.
    In the dialog that appears when you start the recorder assign the paste
    short cut key combination Ctrl + v.
    You can then use that recorded macro with the usual paste shortcut for
    pasting to paste only the values for that workbook.

    Ken Johnson

  4. #4
    Abhishek kedia
    Guest

    Re: Push button paste special?

    u can create a macro like

    Sub cut_paste()
    '
    ' cut_paste Macro
    ' Macro recorded 07/06/2006 by Administrator
    '
    ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+A
    '
    Selection.Copy
    Range("D10").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

  5. #5

    Re: Push button paste special?

    How about just adding another icon to your favorite toolbar.

    Tools|Customize|commands tab|edit category
    scroll down the right hand side and drag "paste values" to that favorite
    toolbar.