Always use the last number in another column for a formula

  1. #1

    Always use the last number in another column for a formula

    I'd like to create a formula that always uses the last number in a column for a calculation. That way when I add new daily data I automatically get my calculation.

    I'd rather not have another column doing this because I just need one number, I just need it updated every day based on additional data.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Always use the last number in another column for a formula

    =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A200<>""),A1:A200)

    Bob Phillips

    "ssipiora" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Always use the last number in another column for a formula

    For the last numerical value, try...

    =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,B2:B65536)

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    ssipiora <[email protected]>

  4. #4

    Not Working

    Thanks for the tips, but neither of them are working. I have a feeling it's more due to my poor explanation so I'm going to try again.

    I have a column where have calculations of daily inventory levels (prior day ending - sales + inventory added). Each day a new entry gets created in the column.

    I have a separate area of the spreadsheet where I need to use the last entry in the column described above to calculate the number of days of inventory on hand.

    I need to return only the value of the last cell in the column to the cell so I can then use it to calculate the days of remaining inventory on hand.

    Thanks in advance.

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Always use the last number in another column for a formula

    Both formulas you were given works, Domenic's work only if the last value is
    a number. So you must have applied them incorrectly,
    what is the column you are using?

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

  6. #6

    It Works

    My apologies, I had forgotten there was another row of cells at the very bottom for some totals which is what were being picked up.

    Thank you all for your help.