canceling auto date update

  1. #1

    canceling auto date update

    I use excel to create invoices. When I open up old invoices, the original date changes to today's date. How do I stop this auto update function?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: canceling auto date update

    Hi
    The cell where the date appears probably has the formula =TODAY() or
    =NOW() which automatically recalculate when the sheet is opened.
    Delete the formula and replace it with the date you require, then save.
    When creating new invoices, typing Ctrl +; (Control plus the semicolon
    key) will enter today's date into a cell for you.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...