Help in data comparison

  1. #1

    Question Help in data comparison

    I have a worksheet contains items serials and distributors (serial, distributor) and I have a worksheet with the sold items serials and customers (serial, customer name). I want to comapre the serial in the second sheet with the first sheet to know the distributor who sold this item, so the result will contain the sold item serial in a column and the seller distributor in the second column!!

    Any one will help.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Help in data comparison

    Hi, Ansi,

    Worksheet 1
    Column A B
    1 serial distributor
    2 0123 A&Co
    3 0456 B&Co

    Worksheet 2
    Column A B C
    1 serial Customer Distributor
    2 0123 John A&Co
    3 0456 Mary B&Co

    try to use a formula in C2 as:
    Vlookip(A2,worksheet1!A2:b3,2,0)

    Chnage on the "worksheet1!A2:B3" to the name of your WS and the range as
    your convenience

    hope this helps
    Regars from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3

    Many Thanks

    Thank u for your help Mr. Marcelo (vlookup).