Need help

  1. #1

    Need help

    I have a column full of photo names such as 2801.JPG. There are around 500+ image names in this column. What I need to do is add "photos/" in front of every image name in this column; e.g. "photos/2801.JPG". Is there any way to do this other than one at a time. It would take a very long time doing it this way. Thanks for your help

    example:

    current
    2801.jpg
    2802.jpg
    2803.jpg

    What I need
    photos/2801.jpg
    photos/2802.jpg
    photos/2803.jpg

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Need help

    hi,
    =concatinate("Photos/",a2)
    copy down then copy all and paste as values
    regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Need help

    The CONCATENATE function was mis-spelt. A slightly simpler way is:

    ="photos/" & A2

    then copy down as FSt1 suggests.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete