exit object

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    exit object

    I am using some icons in a spreadsheet. How can I set the icon to save any
    changes made and exit Excel?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    You would have to assign the icon to a macro for the worksheet the icon is on.

    For example, if you put an icon on Sheet1, open the VBEditor to that worksheet and put the line, thisworkbook.close

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    saving

    right click the tool bar and bring up forms
    click the button button
    and draw your button
    right click the button and change preferences e.g what is says colour etc etc

    then you will see a button on the forms toolbar that looks like a set square click that and then double click you "new" button
    vba editor will open

    and in between these lines

    private "button name" sub
    ("so put your code here")
    end sub

    write these lines

    activeworkbook.save (save workbook)
    activeworkbook.close (closes workbook)

    if you have recorded a macro then find out which module your macro is in usually on the left hand side of the vba editor you can see all modules and double click one too see whats in side

    assuming your macro is in module one
    write this line

    call module1.macroname

    you will notice once you press the . a list of macros in that module will show just press down to the correct one and press TAB all done.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    icons

    if it is a icon and when you double click it, it does not go to the vba editor then right click the icon and go assign macro and a list of macros will appear

  5. #5
    Mike
    Guest

    Re: exit object