Outline different number formats

  1. #1

    Outline different number formats

    I'm trying to outline an column with different number formats, so that the (in some cases virtual) comma is always on the same place. Example:

    _300
    ___1.25
    __20.2
    1000

    (the underscores replresent blanks, but without them, they are all aligned left in the post )

    Can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    hans bal(nl)
    Guest

    RE: Outline different number formats

    Why not use a number format with a fixed number of decimals ?

    300,00
    1,25
    20,20
    1000,00

    HTH

  3. #3
    Because in some cases, a decimal number is nonsence. For example, a number of people looks a bit odd when showing them as 30.00.

  4. #4

    Re: Outline different number formats

    Can you show the decimal point all the time?

    If yes, try:

    or
    0.????

    Use as many ???? as your worst decimal has.