Worksheet name in cell

  1. #1

    Worksheet name in cell

    Not "yet" an expert seeks assistance.

    How does one display the sheet name in a cell that automatically updates if you make any changes?

    Any suggestions.

    Looked at CELL and was confused as hell......

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    If you add this macro to the VBA sheet tab, you will get the desired effect.

    Cells(1, 1) = ActiveSheet.Name
    End Sub
    Martin

  3. #3
    Thanks. I take it there is no Function other than VBA to doing it.

    I was trying to avoid VBA too keep the file management simple and small but I guess I have no choice.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet name in cell

    Donovan

    You do not need VBA.

    The CELL function is what you want.

    See Bob Phillips's site for info.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    paul
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet name in cell

    but the sheet needs to be SAVED before the name shows up!
    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  6. #6
    This works Great.

    IT APPEARS Bob Phillips really knows Excel well...

    And how to keep it simple as opposed to elaborate codes.