Row background colours

  1. #1
    dramajuana
    Guest

    Row background colours

    Is there a way to automatically color every other row with a certain color?
    Selecting each row individually is starting to make me go nutty.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Row background colours

    http://cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Row background colours

    Select all rows.

    Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =MOD(ROW(),2)=1

    Pick a pattern from Format and OK your way out.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    dramajuana
    Guest

    Re: Row background colours

    That works; thank you.

    Now, is it possible to make that stop in, say, column E so that the pretty
    colors don't continue on into infinity (or 256, whichever comes first)?

  5. #5
    =AND(COLUMN()<=5,MOD(ROW(),2)=1)

    This code will make the colouring stop after column E. Adjust the number as you see fit.

  6. #6

    Re: Row background colours

    Select just the range you want.

    All of columns A:E or even A1:E9999

    Then apply that conditional formatting.

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Row background colours

    "dramajuana" wrote:
    > ... is it possible to make that stop in, say, column E so that the pretty
    > colors don't continue on into infinity (or 256, whichever comes first)?

    Instead of selecting all rows,
    try selecting only the range (say: select A1:D100)
    before you apply the CF
    --
    Max
    Singapore