VLookup won't work

  1. #1

    VLookup won't work

    I am trying to run a VLOOKUP, but when I press enter the formula stays on the screen. No typical errors (i.e. #N/A), it just stays locked. Any suggestions?

    Note: the sheet that I am referencing for the lookup came from a vendor with somewhat confidential info, and won't allow any changes (presume locked) directly to it.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: VLookup won't work

    tmurcer wrote:
    > I am trying to run a VLOOKUP, but when I press enter the formula stays
    > on the screen. No typical errors (i.e. #N/A), it just stays locked.
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Note: the sheet that I am referencing for the lookup came from a
    > vendor with somewhat confidential info, and won't allow any changes
    > (presume locked) directly to it.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Either there is an error in the formula or the cell is formatted as text

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: VLookup won't work

    Sounds like the cell was pre-formatted as Text.

    Format to General then hit F2 + ENTER

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP