Copy only celss with text not blanks

  1. #1

    Copy only celss with text not blanks

    I am trying to copy a row, using paste special "transpose" to paste in a column, but I dont want to copy any blank fields, How can I do this

    Lorraine

  2. #2
    InLikeFlynnCA
    Guest

    RE: Copy only celss with text not blanks

    Lorraine,
    First, you need to add to your tool bar the "select visible cells" button.
    It can be found in the "Edit" category. Next, hide the columns that don't
    have any data in the row you are trying to copy. Highlight that row, click
    on the "select visible cells" button, then click on the copy button. Put
    your cursor where you want to paste, select paste special, transpose and it
    should work.

    Good Luck!,
    Lisa

  3. #3

    copy only cells in rows and columns that are filled, delete blanks

    HI Lisa,

    thanks for your response, I dont think I explained the problem properly, I have a worksheet A1:IV600, in column A1:A600 I have one name per row, in columns B:IV i have the product codes, I have entered data by row in the corresponding product column (there is a minimum of one and maximum of 17 ) entries or cells filled per row accross the 250 columns, thus leaving lots of blanks, I want to copy the data, or products each person has bought into a smaller worksheet, i.e. reducing the 250 columns to 18, how do I avoid copy of blank cells

    Lorraine